A successful match to your residency program begins long before you develop your rank order list. Actually, applying to this program is more involved as well as strategic than you might assume. First, you need to narrow the over 9,000 programs to a reasonable list of programs that are perfect for you. Then, present your strong points through a sample IMG personal statement application. Remember that your medical residency personal statement for IMG should be written with all needed standards.
Importance of Good Application Documents for ERAS
As an IMG, you will want to use the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) to streamline your residency application process. It provides a flexible but centralized IMG template for creating and delivering your application and also supports your material as a package or individually. Since the process takes months and begins at the third year of your medical school, it helps to have good application documents for ERAS.
Additionally, the fact that all documents take about five business days to process in this system, from the day you upload them, means that you should have them in order before you submit them. Finally, the ERAS doe not save your document for future uses and does not produce copies of the documents, for your use or a third party use, and hence you need to have good application documents.
Papers Required for IMG Application
There are at least six major documents that you will require when applying for residency.
They include the following:
- Letter of recommendation (LoRs) – you should begin to ask for letters of recommendation at the start of the 3rd year as you do your EM rotations.
- Dean’s letter/Medical student performance evaluation (MSPE) – the dean’s letter is one of the most important letters in your application.
- Personal statement – ensure that you have an IMG personal statement sample which you can use to generate your final copy.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (might be required or not) – you will also require a CV. Go through some of the best eras sample cv IMG online to get an idea of what you should include in your cv.
- Photograph – you should add a wallet-sized color photo to your application documents. Your photograph will be used as a memory aid when generating a contiguous rank list.
- Medical school transcript – you will also require your medical school transcript.
The following documents will not be required when uploading your application:
- Curriculum vitae – it might be required or not.
- Medical diploma
- Medical license
- In-service examination results
- Name change certificate
- Standard ECFMG certificate
- Name change certificate
- Translation certificate
- NBOME certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce Decree
- US-Alien Card (green card)
- Transcript (printed copy)
- USMLE scores
- CREOG scores
- Non-medical school transcripts
- Board certification certificate
How a Sample Can Help You
Other benefits of the sample include:
- Make it easier to apply
- Have the right format
- Increase your chance of success
- Avoid wastage of resources due to revision
Services We Provide and Why Choose Us
When you choose us, you get to enjoy:
- Working with native English speakers only
- Working with a friendly support team
- Working with a reputable firm
- Working with a team that keeps deadline
- Hiring a firm that charges the best price
How to Write Different Application Documents
Med school chooses only the best candidate. Therefore, it is important to understand how to write various application documents.
How to Write Personal Statement
Just like a sample cover letter of IMG, a personal statement for IMG should cover three main areas:
- Motivation – why you want to study medicine
- Exploration – what you have done to learn it
- Suitability – why you are the best candidate or fit for it
A med portal offers pages one each of the above areas, along with other pages on writing style.
How to Write Letter of Recommendation
The best sample letter of recommendation for IMG will show the following features:
- A short history with the candidate
- Details qualities of the candidate
- Contributions to the candidate
- A closing statement to endorse the candidate
In this case, the letter is written by the institution that you are studying in.
How to Write Curriculum Vitae
A CV is considered an important document when applying for med school.
When you go through the best IMG eras cv example online, you will realize that it contains the following parts:
- Personal information
- Research interests
- Previous research appointments (if any)
- Publications (if any)
- Presentations (if any)
- List of research skills (if any)
- Extracurricular activates
- List of important classes taken
- Other interests or skills
- References (at least three)
When writing your CV, you can go online and search for IMG resume online template to help you understand the format better.
How to Write IMG Application Papers
Here are a few tips from College Application Essay that will help you write the best IMG application papers:
- Choose a topic that concerns you – do not focus on areas of the school or the amount of effort it puts to produce great doctors. Share your thoughts and story.
- Keep your focus personal and narrow – do not cover many topics. Focus on one area of yourself so that the readers can know you better.
- Show – do not just state fact. Instead, include specific examples, details, and reasons.
- Use your voice – do not rely on ideas or phrases that people have used before. Use your own voice to explain things.
- As your teacher to proofread – do not just submit your applications without having a third party going through them. You can even hire a professional.
After everything is set, you might still require one final document before you upload your applications: the Standardized Letter of Evaluation (SLOE). This is a part of your residency application in ERAS. The letter offers an overall perspective of the candidate including non-cognitive characters such as leadership, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, compassion, and professionalism. Your application should read SLOE uploaded.